The official rules of The Ekorian’s Mugie Camp Digital Photo Contest. #EkoriansMugieCampPhotoContest
1. Overall Winner: Most number of different wildlife species captured in one shot (1 winner)
2. Most creative composition / Adventure: Best action/adventure wild Africa moment. (1 winner)
3. People’s Choice (1 winner): Overall winner selected from among the 100 honorable mentions based on the highest number of votes received during public voting to be held via social media.
4. Honorable Mentions (10 honorable mentions will be selected): Amazing images that showcase and illustrate moments of life and its interaction with our natural world.
The 10 honorable mentions will be notified of their status within 10 days of December 31st, 2016 and will appear on Ekorian’s Mugie Camp social media pages by Febriary, 2017. At that time, the public can vote for one People’s Choice winner from the up to 100 honorable mentions. All potential winners will be revealed online within 10 days of January 30th 2017.
All judging decisions are final. Please do not contact us about the status of entries or judging.
Ekorian’s Mugie Camp will notify the winner via the contact information provided at the time of entry.
Ekorian’s Mugie Camp will award the following prizes.
- One (1) Overall Grand Prize Winner: 2 nights for 2, all expenses paid, excluding conservation fees
- One (1) Winner Most Creative Composition: 1 night for 2, all expenses paid, excluding conservation fees
- One (1) People’s Choice Winner: 1 night for 2, all expenses paid, excluding conservation fees
1. Dates to claim the prize will be subject to availability, and there will be an expiry date of six (6) months to claim their prize, 1st February 2017 to 31st July 2017, in which to collect the prize or forfeit altogether.
2. All winners are responsible for paying any income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above.
3. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded.
4. A winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Ekorian’s Mugie Camp reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, in its sole discretion.
5. Transport to and from Ekorians Mugie Camp as well as gratuities are not included in the above named prizes.
The #EkoriansMugieCampPhotoContest is open to everyone visiting the camp and the conservancy in its entirety.
The #EkoriansMugieCampPhotoContest is sponsored by Ekorians Mugie Camp, P.O. Box 81-20321 Rumuruti, Telephone: +254(0)722385727/(0)722692708, Email email@example.com
The #EkoriansMugieCampPhotoContest begins at 12:00am EAT on April 14, 2016 and ends at 12:00am EAT in January 15th 2017 (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible.
What to Enter
To ensure eligibility for the contest, please submit hi-res files no larger than 6MB at the time of entry. Higher resolution files of at least 240 dpi/ppi will be requested should an entry be preselected to be awarded a prize or an honorable mention. All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.) will be disqualified.
Entries may originate in any format — including, but not limited to digital files, digital prints, color transparencies, color prints, or black and white prints — so long as they are submitted electronically in a .JPEG .jpg, or.png form. Multiple exposures that have been combined to produce a single "High Dynamic Range" image are acceptable.
Previously published material for which non-exclusive rights were granted may be entered as long as you still maintain the right to grant us a license (see "Your Rights" below). You must be able to disclose when and where the photo appeared previously to Ekorian’s Mugie Camp upon request.
If you choose to include people in your submission, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted, and must be able to provide copies of those releases to Ekorian’s Mugie Camp upon request.
Ekorian’s Mugie Camp shall determine entry eligibility in its sole and absolute discretion.
How to Enter
All images must be submitted by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can select an image directly from your computer desktop, or submit images from Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for consideration in the contest.
You may enter an unlimited number of times, but you may not use an agency or automated system to enter. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any additional entries or entries that do not comply with these Official Rules. By entering, you indicate your unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. You cannot win a prize unless you comply with all requirements in these Official Rules.
Photos will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, artistic merit and subject matter relevance to the wild Africa theme, except that the People’s Choice award will be determined based on which of the honorable mentions receives the most votes. Judging will be conducted by a panel of selected group of guest judges to be selected by the Ekorian’s Mugie Camp at its sole discretion (the “Panel”). The Panel will evaluate all valid entries and pick the following winners in the following categories:
Questions and inquiries about contest rules can be emailed to email@example.com
You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit -- including ownership if applicable.
If you submit a photograph to enter the #EkoriansMugieCampPhotoContest, you grant Ekorian’s Mugie Camp a royalty-free, nonexclusive right during the Photo Contest to:
1. Display the photograph on their website (http://www.ekorian.com)
2. Display the photograph on Ekorian’s Mugie Camp Facebook page
3. Allow third-parties to share the photograph on the following social media platforms: Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest.
4. All the above conditions will be credited to you as the photograph’s owner
If your photograph is formally honored by the competition as a winner or an honorable mention, you grant Ekorian’s Mugie Camp a royalty-free, nonexclusive right, in perpetuity, to:
a) Use the photograph on the Internet and in Social Media for marketing purposes.
b) Use the photograph in Ekorian’s Mugie Camp’s internal and external communications materials including but not limited to web sites and web publications, fact sheets, fund raising publications, advertising, multimedia, and presentations.
c) Use, in connection with the Photo Contest, your name, city, state and country of residence in promotions and other publications.
d) Ekorian’s Mugie Camp will endeavor to credit all photographs with the caption "Persons Name" when the full name is available.
In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the #EkoriansMugieCampPhotoContest is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Photo Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Photo Contest; or (b) award the prize(s) from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and seek damages from any individual who tampers with the operation of the Photo Contest, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the owner.
Release and Limitations of Liability
By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, their respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Photo Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Photo Contest; (b) technical errors; (c) printing errors; (d) late or undelivered mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Photo Contest; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property. You waive the right to claim any attorneys fees and any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
Questions and inquiries about contest rules can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Mugie school is located on the ranch and has 175 Children including 19 disabled children. The headmaster of the School is an incredibly inspiring gentleman who specialized in special needs children, hence the section developed for these children, most of whom come from the town north of Mugie, Maralal
Copyright © 2015 Ekorian's Mugie Camp Ltd